LinkedIn is joining the list of social networks revamping their user profiles. Facebook has been notorious for changing profiles and timelines, Twitter just released a profile change that went live for all users last month and now LinkedIn is rolling out a new look.
LinkedIn is taking a page out of Facebook and Twitter’s look, claiming their goal in this update is about personalization.
“To enable a more personal feel, we’ve incorporated several new visual updates to help you stand out, including a larger photo and expanded profile
Other LinkedIn updates include:
- “Cover photo” that LinkedIn is calling a background. LinkedIn will provide you with some options for a picture
- Key word suggestions to place in your profile to help you stand out in the search
- Open Profile setting that allows anyone with a LinkedIn profile to view your profile and contact you for free
- Advanced tracking to see users that have viewed you profile and see how you stack up against other users
- Premium Spotlight plan that includes all new features
See the full blog post here