The 2015 Met Gala was hosted on Monday, May 4th, in New York City. We tracked the conversation around the event and the fashion to see who’s keeping up with the best runway show of the year.
There were over 863K tweets about the event since Monday afternoon, with a peak of 2750 tweets per minute. Not surprisingly, most of the tweeters (71%) were women. The event appealed to the younger crowd with 59% of tweeters being teenagers.
The top interests of this audience were Clothing, Celebrity Gossip, and Fashion. We then broke down their top fashion affinities:
- They are 7x more likely to like Chanel,who dressed Anna Wintour, than average
- They are 20x more likely to like Alexander Wang, who attended the gala, than average
- They are 14.6x more likely to like Calvin Klein, who dressed Kendall Jenner, than average
- They are 12.9x more likely to like Versace, who dressed Jennifer Lopez, than average
- They are 10x more likely to like Dolce & Gabbana, who dressed Karen Elsen, than average
The number one celebrity for this audience was Rhianna, whose dress sparked some internet fun last night, followed by Miley Cyrus, Ariana Grande, and Kim Kardashian.