The 50th Academy of Country Music Awards were held at AT&T Stadium in Dallas on Sunday, April 19th hosted by Blake Shelton and Luke Bryan.
#ACMawards50 quickly became a trending topic from talk about the red carpet, award winners, and performances. We tracked the Twitter conversation around the event to provide the demographic information and affinities of this audience.
Sixty five percent of tweeters are women, 28% of tweeters were between 18–34, and 17% of tweeters live in Texas.
Not surprisingly, this audience’s top interest is Country Music, followed by Celebrity Gossip and Radio. Their favorite brand was the country duo Florida Georgia line who performed at the show and took home multiple awards. The favorite Influencers of this audience were host, Blake Shelton, and his wife Miranda Lambert who performed and took home a milestone award.
We also took a look at the sponsors of the event to determine the effectiveness of sponsoring this event. The audience’s affinity for each sponsor was greater than the Twitter average, below are the multiples for each sponsor which measures the likelihood of the audience to like each sponsor.
- 15.8x more likely to like Cracker Barrel than the average Twitter audience
- 8.92x more likely to like Kohls than the average Twitter audience
- 8.36x more likely to like Mary Kay than the average Twitter audience
- 7.82x more likely to like Ram Trucks than the average Twitter audience
- 7.39x more likely to like Dr Pepper than the average Twitter audience
- 5.62x more likely to like Lipton than the average Twitter audience
- 4.11x more likely to like American Airlines than the average Twitter audience
- 3x more likely to like Miller Coors than the average Twitter audience
- 1.69x more likely to like Grey Goose than the average Twitter audience