StatSocial Inc. (“StatSocial”) provides audience insights using proprietary technology to analyze data captured from more than sixty social networks and public data sources. Privacy is very important to us – we have created this policy to help you understand how we collect, use, disclose and protect the data we collect when you use our website (www.statsocial.com) (the “Site”) and the data we receive for use in our audience insights.
Website Privacy Statement
- User Content
- Information Collected Personal Information
When you register on the Site, you may provide us with your name, email, company name, and other information that may identify you individually (“Personal Information”), as well as a link to your Twitter profile.Your Personal Information is used by StatSocial to administer your account and provide you with our services.
When you access StatSocial from a computer, mobile phone, or other device, we may collect information from that device about your browser type, location, and IP address, as well as the pages you visit. We keep track of some of the actions you take on StatSocial, such as if you click on an advertisement or third-party link, how often and for how long you visit any page of our Site, your search history, and other information related to your use of the Site. We use this information to deliver the best possible service to you, improve our user interface, deliver personalized search suggestions, etc.
Cookies & Web Beacons
- Children’s Privacy
Except where otherwise indicated. we do not knowingly collect or store any Personal Information from children under the age of 13. StatSocial is only available to users who are at least 13 years old. If you are under 13, please do not use the Site. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have inadvertently collected any information from a child under 13, please e-mail us at email@example.com to report it.
- Use/Disclosure of Information We Collect
Usage, Analytics, Aggregate and Pseudonymized Data. We may pseudonymize or aggregate the data we collect so that any reference, whether direct or indirect, to your identity is removed. We may use this information (which could include demographics, interests, and other online habits from your StatSocial Page or recorded activity on our website) to help us better tailor our services and the Site to you. We may share this information with our third party service providers, such as our analytics, hosting and payment processing providers, who use that information to perform services on our behalf, as well as our business partners and potential investors.
Responding to Legal Requests and Preventing Harm. We may disclose Personal Information pursuant to subpoenas, court orders, or other requests (including criminal and civil matters) if we have a good faith belief that the response is required by law. We may also share information when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to prevent fraud or other illegal activity, to prevent imminent bodily harm, or to protect ourselves and you from people violating our Terms of Service. This may include sharing information with other companies, lawyers, courts or other government entities.
- Links to Third-Party Websites
We maintain reasonable procedural, technical, and physical safeguards to help protect against loss, misuse or unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction of the information we collect. Unfortunately, no transmission of data is guaranteed to be completely secure. It may be possible for third parties not under our control to intercept or access transmissions or private communications unlawfully. Therefore, any transmission of Personal Information to us is made at your own risk. If you believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please notify us using the contact details below.
- Do Not Track
California Business & Professions Code Section 22575(b) (as amended effective January 1, 2014) provides that California residents are entitled to know how StatSocial responds to “Do Not Track” browser settings. StatSocial does not currently take actions to respond to Do Not Track signals because a uniform technological standard has not yet been developed. We continue to review new technologies and may adopt a standard once one is created.
- Business Clients: Additional Terms & Conditions
StatSocial enters into contracts with business clients for use of its products and services. These contracts may further govern the use of Personal Information and other data collected and maintained by StatSocial. You may request that StatSocial remove your public listing on its website StatSocial.com by filling out our removal form at www.statsocial.com/optout/.
Audience Insights: Privacy Practices
StatSocial collects publicly available social media insights from various third party API’s that provide us with aggregate social media data. These third parties represent to StatSocial that they have permission to share any data provided to us. StatSocial does not crawl third party sites or collect data from private or privacy protected accounts. StatSocial also works with third-party service providers to obtain pseudonymous and/or aggregated data, which we use to enhance our audience insights. Below are details regarding our privacy practices as they relate to our audience insights products.
- What Data is Collected? We collect publicly available social media handles and profile information. We also collect aggregate information about the content of publicly available posts and social media activity. For example, we may collect data on behalf of a client about the followers who have liked its page or used its hashtags. We use third party demographic data to enhance this information.
- How Do We Use This Data? We use the data we collect or receive to create a variety of insights, reports and analyses (“Reports”), which include information about the composition of the audience that likes or follows a certain brand, or that is interested in a particular product, service, or topic.We provide these Reports to our clients and business partners. We also employ or work with other companies or individuals to perform certain functions on our behalf. These service providers are granted access to the data needed to perform their functions, but are prohibited from using our data for any other purpose. In addition, we may release data to third parties when disclosure is required by law or as needed to exercise or preserve our legal rights, or to take action regarding potentially illegal activities, as well as in the event of a sale, assignment, bankruptcy, or other disposal of all or part of our business or assets.
- What are Our Security Policies? We maintain reasonable procedural, technical, and physical safeguards for Sites to help protect against loss, misuse or unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction of the information we collect. Unfortunately, no transmission of data is guaranteed to be completely secure. It may be possible for third parties not under our control to intercept or access transmissions or private communications unlawfully. Therefore, any transmission of personal information to us is made at your own risk. If you believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please notify us using the contact details below.We store the information we collect or receive for as long as needed to provide our services or as limited by our contractual obligations, but in each case in accordance with law.
- What Are Your Choices? StatSocial respects your right to privacy. If you do not wish to have your information included in our audience insights, you should review the terms of the social media platforms you use. You may be able to limit the amount of data the platform shares about you by changing your privacy settings. You may request that StatSocial remove your public listing on its website StatSocial.com by filling out our removal form at www.statsocial.com/optout/.You can also e-mail our privacy team at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also contact us by mail at 265 West 37th Street, Suite 610, New York, NY 10018.